The purpose of my blog is to share my life lessons and travel experiences that may encourage others to follow their dreams, relate to those who have encountered similar situations, and provide a means for individuals to live vicariously through my adventures!

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Switching Gears

After having slept for two hours prior to a full day of traveling home from Puerto Rico, I'm not yet feeling up to the task of composing a new post. So I will switch gears and provide you with a flashback of a different sort.

December 2011
Together, we walked along these roads
In the damp and the snow
With your arm across my shoulders,
My arm around your waist,
And our love burning fiercely;
We kept the cold at bay.

Alone, I walked along these roads,
As you embarked upon a new adventure
And I was left here;
Caught between the misery of being separated from you
And the joy of your fresh start and new life;
I earnestly await our next reunion.

Alone, again, I walk along these roads,
Along these roads, where we laughed and played;
In these fields, where we shared secrets and goals;
On these paths, where we hiked for hours;
In these woods, where we passionately embraced.

Your memory is everywhere.
I feel your lingering presence,
Which is swept away upon the wind,
So that I am left with only your ominous absence
And the frigidness of our extinguished love.

2 comments:

  1. So are you back in Massachusetts now? I really love this poem...it seems to speak of unrequited love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am back in Massachusetts...for now. And, yes, unrequited love... It was a tough one to write because, at that time, I was staying in a place, where we had spent much of our time together. I was glad to keep myself busy, as it was quite emotionally overwhelming, being surrounded by the memories of what once was.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Current Occupation: Volunteer by volunteerann1@gmail.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License