The purpose of my blog is to share my life lessons and travel experiences that may encourage others to follow their dreams, relate to those who have encountered similar situations, and provide a means for individuals to live vicariously through my adventures!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What I Will Miss About Puerto Rico

As the anger begins to resurface at the two-faced behaviors that I have experienced through my daily interactions with a particular individual, I feel that I must take time to refocus my thoughts on the positive aspects of my time in Puerto Rico, which are listed below, in no particular order.

·         A fresh produce section growing right in the back yard complete with mangos, papayas, bananas, pumpkins, cherry tomatoes, corazons (also known as custard apples), plantains, and pomegranates
·         The quick healing powers of the aloe vera plant
·         Friday night magic shows with tricks designed for a “four-year-old”
·         I can see the ocean from the patio
·         No one owns a dryer
·         Little lizards constantly scurrying about
·         Frequent visits from beautiful tropical song birds and magnificent raptors
·         The funny way that one barking dog causes the entire neighborhood to erupt in yelps
·         The absurdity of the idea that roosters only crow at dawn
·         Working outside on my laptop
·         Good people, who make up the vast majority of the team
·         Big group dinners with lots of food
·         Mastering the arts of grilling and baking desserts in a toaster oven

2 comments:

  1. How much longer will you be in Puerto Rico?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be leaving very early Friday morning. Not too much longer.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Current Occupation: Volunteer by volunteerann1@gmail.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License