The purpose of my blog is to share my life lessons and travel experiences that may encourage others to follow their dreams, relate to those who have encountered similar situations, and provide a means for individuals to live vicariously through my adventures!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Matching Game

Flashback to...14 January 2010

It’s so interesting how we seek out and are excited by similarities between ourselves and others.  It’s all about matching interests, ideas, and goals.  Why not some variety?  Why can’t differences be exciting?  They’re more challenging and engaging. 

Even though, I look for the similarities as well, I tend to prefer a companion who is different from me, yet similar to the way that I want to be.  But then, I seem to be searching for someone to guide my life and complete me.  Perhaps, once I know what I want and am willing to compromise on, the search for similarities will be a more well-defined, useful tool.
 
However, even when individuals do have obvious similarities, there are still an infinite number of differences between them.  These similarities may not be terribly crucial, so that over time, the differences could negate the similarities, and ultimately, create a less desirable match.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Current Occupation: Volunteer by volunteerann1@gmail.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License