The purpose of my blog is to share my life lessons and travel experiences that may encourage others to follow their dreams, relate to those who have encountered similar situations, and provide a means for individuals to live vicariously through my adventures!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Struggling to Find Motivation

I have the urge to write, but no inspiration from which to draw.  I feel like an utterly useless medium, unable to grasp and transcribe the ideas and thoughts floating about in my head, and transform them into a provoking literary piece.  I felt this urge come on much stronger earlier today, but I opted to wait until I returned “home”, and so, left that desire, that creativity trailing behind me along the drying pavement on my return journey.  Perhaps, arriving at my destination drained whatever inkling I had left to write.  That’s not at all fair though, as I constantly struggle to settle down and just write, feeling as if it must be good on the first draft. 

I find it overwhelming, trying to return to my story, attempting to determine the direction, and how it should evolve and develop.  I am uncertain how to incorporate other literary sources of my own creation, even though I have successfully done this with others’ works on many a research paper.  And I am frustrated with the seeming lack of progress, as there are no definable goals, except the final product, a finished narrative.  It appears much more daunting and I am uncertain how to approach it.  I don’t even know how it will end.

I can never seem to quiet my mind.  There’s always something floating about; the to-do list for the day, the task that I forgot to complete, the error that I made, my feelings in the moment planning out my future course, my fears.  They all demand attention pushing each other around, creating chaos in my head.  I even find myself unable to retain a list of work tasks in the short-term, specific protocols and expectations.  I don’t know why this happens or where they go.  I feel so incompetent, air-headed.  Poof, it’s gone.  Without a care, without any assurance of return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Current Occupation: Volunteer by volunteerann1@gmail.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License