The purpose of my blog is to share my life lessons and travel experiences that may encourage others to follow their dreams, relate to those who have encountered similar situations, and provide a means for individuals to live vicariously through my adventures!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Holding My Own

Flashback to...6 January 2010

How can I not be persuaded when someone offers a convincing argument that I can’t solidly counter?  The best rebuttal I have sometimes is that it just seems to be the best option for myself.  Even then, how can I convince another of that when they can’t truly see the situation through my eyes, feel how I feel, think as I think?

So I am persuaded by another’s logic, which may to suggest to others that I am capable of considering and accepting their opinions and that I am just as logical as they are.  I think it just boils down to my worry of others will think of me, as well as my desire to put others’ interests before my own.  That’s a dangerous combination. 

Just because an argument is convincing or logical doesn’t make it right.  It’s too easy for people to twist the facts or interpret them in a way that makes their opinion seem right and true.  We can agree to disagree.  Debates will not always be resolved, or at least not in a single discussion.  I need to hold my ground and not allow my beliefs, feelings, and ideas to waiver, simply because another sees things differently and can clearly verbalize their thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Current Occupation: Volunteer by volunteerann1@gmail.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License