The purpose of my blog is to share my life lessons and travel experiences that may encourage others to follow their dreams, relate to those who have encountered similar situations, and provide a means for individuals to live vicariously through my adventures!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Internship Dilemma

I’m not sure what to do regarding this first internship response.  I don’t think that I fully considered the steep cost of traveling abroad, as a flight to Australia is well over $1,000.  Most of my savings would be gone.  I think it’s a bit much compared to the few hundred dollars that it took to get to British Columbia.  Also, I shouldn’t just jump on the first opportunity that presents itself to me.  I have time and there are other options.  Traveling to Australia would be amazing, but I think I might like to reserve that for marine biology work.  Yet, with this current position, I’d get my fill of physical activity, rustic living, community atmosphere, and traveling the countryside.  Although, it would be the same route, the varying conditions and bowerbird behaviors would spice thing up.  It might take some time to rebuild my stamina and endurance, but I believe that I am fully capable of doing the work.  It’s that cost...  And truthfully, I was experiencing some doubt, while reading about the daily work routine as well.  Perhaps, I’ll bow out now and hold out for something else.  I want to go to the ocean, be on the coast.  That’s what I’ve been set on since I got here.  I shouldn’t settle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Current Occupation: Volunteer by volunteerann1@gmail.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License