The purpose of my blog is to share my life lessons and travel experiences that may encourage others to follow their dreams, relate to those who have encountered similar situations, and provide a means for individuals to live vicariously through my adventures!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Soul Crushing Work

I’m really missing unemployment now; the days and hours that I had to take things slow and do what I needed to do, what I wanted to do.  Now, I find myself constantly drained, having little desire to do much of anything, except laze around and sleep.  Perhaps I’m a bit hard on myself though, as I still seem to fill my days off with things to do.  I’m just still not used to this ridiculous work schedule or the fact that I don’t have as much free time as I did three weeks ago.  I also don’t think that the schedule itself and the long hours are draining, since I was nearly always on the move on Sherkin.  On the island, I still got outside, socialized with my mates, and had inspiration to write.   

Now, it feels as if the type of work and the environment are draining my soul.  I suppose that comes with working for a corporation.  I expected and tried to prepare myself for the worst going into this position, but maybe it was more than I anticipated.  I’m holding out to hear from my first choice internship, which should be contacting applicants in mid-March.  I really hope to get the position, but if not, I’ve just got to start searching again, and I’ll certainly be kept occupied in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Current Occupation: Volunteer by volunteerann1@gmail.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License